- Real Property Law 50%
- Insurance Defense / Litigation 25%
- Receivership / Creditor's Rights 15%
- Business Law 5%
- Domestic Relations 5%
Jon grew up just outside of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, but went to law school locally at the University of Dayton School of Law. Although he originally trained to be a teacher, he happily fell into the practice of law where he usually spends his time handling real property issues for both businesses and consumers. He has substantial experience in all areas of real property law: from construction disputes and mechanic's liens to landlord-tenant disputes and zoning appeals. He has been the Dayton Bar Association's Real Property Committee Chair for several years and has taught several CLEs to local attorneys on the subject of real property.
Outside of that practice area, Jon handles a wide range of other matters for the firm, from domestic disputes to ongoing business receiverships. He has counseled clients through high-end divorces, business-workouts, seven-figure asset purchase agreements, employer-discrimination issues, and franchise deals. No matter what his clients consult with him for, Jon usually has an answer or will find an answer for them. It is the teacher in him that takes pride in finding the sense in the law and explaining it to clients and juries.
Despite his breadth of knowledge and experience, Jon tries to narrow a situation to the important issues. If you are looking for a lawyer who will try his best to explain how the law works and what it means for you, he is the right lawyer. More importantly, if you are looking for a lawyer who will speak plainly and directly -- and tell you what you need to hear rather than what you want to hear -- you should give him a call.
When he is not in the office, he is probably trying to wrangle in his twins with the help of his loving and understanding wife, Kelly. He remains an avid hockey fan, but has branched out into appreciating the intricacies of football and basketball. In the precious little time between family and sports appreciation, Jon remains involved with his community, most recently as the chair for the City of Beavercreek's Board of Zoning Appeals.
Classes & Seminars
- Speaker, Ohio Clerk of Courts Association
- Speaker, Ohio Coalition of Community Developers
- Speaker, Southwest Ohio Treasurer’s Association
- CLE Sessions, Dayton Bar Association
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio
- J.D. - 2007
- Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario
- Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario
- Brock University, St. Catharines, Ontario
- Wright State University, Fairborn, Ohio
- M.A. - 2014
- Major: Social and Applied Economics
- Ohio, 2007
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- Greater Dayton Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Member and Chairman, City of Beavercreek Board of Zoning Appeals, 2013 to 2019
- Dayton Bar Association Real Property Committee, Chair (most recent), 2018 to 2019
- Greene County Prosecutor’s Office, Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, 2008 to 2010
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member, 2007 to Present
- Dayton County Bar Association, Member, 2010 to Present
- Greene County Bar Association, Member, 2007 to Present
- Dayton Bar Association’s Real Property Committee, Chair
- Miami Valley Land Title Association, President