Civil Rights Protection
The Constitution of the United States entitles every American citizen to certain rights and privileges. These fundamental liberties are enforceable in courts through federal statutes. The Ohio Constitution and Ohio Revised Code provide similar protections.
When civil rights are in question, you can get the representation you need from the experienced litigators at Green & Green Lawyers A Legal Professional Association. Our attorneys provide cost-effective dispute resolution for many business and individual clients in Dayton and the surrounding communities.
Understand Your Freedoms
Knowing what you are allowed to do is the first step in protecting yourself from civil rights violations. Your rights include:
- The freedom of speech, religion, assembly and expression
- Due process of law and equal protection under the law
- Petitioning the government
- Firearm ownership
Civil rights include freedom from cruel and unusual punishment in addition to unreasonable and unwarranted searches and seizures. State and federal laws also give you the right to be free from discrimination based on sex, age, disability, race, national origin or religion.
Situational Civil Rights Violations
Our lawyers help resolve disputes by determining the motivation behind situations such as a loan denial based on sexual orientation or a traffic stop without probable cause involving a woman wearing a hijab.
In a workplace environment, these rights can come into question in situations such as:
- A less-qualified male employee receives an employment offer in favor of a female with more education and experience
- Disciplinary action related to a natural hairstyle
- Layoff occurring shortly after filing a discrimination complaint
- The need for a private lactation space
- Promotional decisions related to accessibility
We get to the root of the problem to determine whether legal documentation supports an employer’s decisions. From there, we resolve employment disputes as efficiently as possible.
We Defend You And Your Freedom
Green & Green Lawyers accepts cases related to all matters of civil rights disputes. Find out more about your claim by connecting with our firm online or calling 937-224-3333 to arrange a case review today.